Thursday, October 2, 2008

CARROTS!!

This is just a few of many out in my garden. Many are grown, but few are chosen. I then chopped off the tops, and peeled, all of which then went to the composte pile. Never wasting anything, right????? And it gets used in next years garden.

Some were 2 - 3 inches in diameter.
Then we chopped them up and put them in the dehydrator. Did you know you loose only 3 - 5% of their nutiritonal value when you dehydrate.
Finished product.
I used some in my potato soup yesterday, along with some peas that I had frozen from the garden, and I might as well brag a little more the onions and potatoes were also out of my garden. The soup was yummy!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Wow! Those are nice!

BARBARA said...

uuum did I happen to mention I was in short supply of EVERYTHING you had growing in your garden? Did I?

They Light Up My Life

Spring has Sprung on the Home Front

v

The Home Front in the Fall